Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Woodland Park Zoo with the Homeschool PE Class

We were excited to see the new penguin exhibit but the wait was too long when we first got there. We peaked over the wall for a look.


Elsie did so well riding around in the wagon all day. Katie and Megan took turns keeping her company.



This was the sloth bear. We actually did see it though I can't find him in the photo.



The monkeys and apes are always a big hit. I was able to hold Elsie up to the glass right next to an ape and she was very excited.



We tried for a group pic by the baby elephant sculpture. This was only the girl half of the group. I'm not sure where the boys are. We met up with them for the Day and Night exhibit.



The elephants are one of Megan's favorites.




This was the Tapir exhibit. They always seem to be hanging out by the glass. We were thinking they look like a cross between a panda bear and an anteater.



You don't always get to see the lions this close up. They were a hit!



I don't know if you can see the giraffe in the background. He was in the "sad cage". We like to see them out in the African Savannah exhibit.
(and that would be Elsie chewing on her rubber alligator in the foreground)




The hippos were out too. We spotted three of them.



Katie's favorite was the Day and Night exhibit. I like that it's still the same way I remember it as a little girl. Most the other exhibits have changed since the olden days! :)



The huge Python


We finally got to see the brand new penguin exhibit. The girls were happy to discover they still have the rock nests with penguin eggs.



Mom was ready to go home and drop, but we couldn't forget the carousel!




Megan loves horses but has yet to get up the courage to sit on one. She likes to ride in the "princess carriage".



It was a really fun trip to the zoo and the weather was perfect! We can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

  1. Dustin and I have been wanting to take Daniel to the zoo. Maybe one of these days it will work for us to go together. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete