Friday, October 7, 2011

December Daily Prep

I have been wanting to make a December daily mini album Ali Edwards style. But, I know if I am ever going to make it happen I have to start early! So that is why I am prepping a December album in October. lol!

My first step was searching the web for inspiration and ideas. I found a lot of really great DD albums in the Two Peas gallery. I printed out some of my favorites so I can quickly refer back to them. I also found some inspiration on Pinterest (of course). :)

My next step was choosing a size and album style. I decided to make it a 6x8 mini album. I really like American Crafts ring binders. I have a 12x12 and also a 6x6 that I am using to slowly finish Violet's birth album. I measured the 6x6 and it will actually hold 6x8 pages quite nicely, so that is what I am using for my DD (December Daily). I ordered it early yesterday morning on Amazon and it was just delivered! Wow, that was fast!

For the bulk of the pages I am using poster board trimmed to 6x8. A friend passed on a stack of thick poster board to me over a year ago and I have been hanging on to it knowing I would use it for some craft project. :) It's thickness is just right for album pages. I was able to get 3 6x8 pages out of each sheet.


After the pages were trimmed I started to measure and hole punch them.



I'm still deciding what patterned papers and embellishments I want to use. I have my eye on a couple new holiday lines like Crate Paper's Peppermint collection, and October Afternoon's Holiday Style collection. They are both super cute and it is hard to decide! In the meantime I have found some free printables online. I really like the date circles. They were just the right size for my 1" CM circle punch.



I've also just learned that Studio Calico will be offering a DD add-on kit next month. That is really tempting because I LOVE everything Studio Calico puts together. My only concern is that I would not have as much time to work on it before December. I wouldn't get my kit until around the 12th of November. I'm such a slow scrapper I'm not sure I could get it done in two weeks. Hmm. Still deciding...

No comments:

Post a Comment